Last year my company implemented OKRs and I enjoyed the practice so much that I brought it into my day-to-day life. So far this year I've read 11 books (oddly a bit behind last year, but I’m confident I’ll make it to 30 books this year), did meditation, yoga and exercised on about 60% of the days (last year it was completely sporadic), lost 10 pounds, and gotten back into playing my guitar.
What is an OKR?
OKR stands for Objective and Key Results, it's a productivity tool that's used by large companies like Intel...
My 2014 Reading List
- Number of Books: 24
- Total Pages Read: 9,366 pages
- Pages Per Day: 25.66
- Average Book Length: 390.25 pages
- Longest Book: Reamde (1,044 pages)
- Shortest Book: Locke and Key, Vol. 1 (152 pages)
- A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness
- Andrew's Brain by E.L. Doctorow
- Far Far Away by Tom McNeal
- Locke and Key, Vol. 1: Welcome to Lovecraft by Joe Hill
- Locke and Key, Vol. 2: Head Games by Joe Hill
- Lost Cat: A True Story of Love, Desperation, and GPS Technology by Caroline Paul
- Miss Peregrine's Home...
Brûléed Peanut Butter Oatmeal
The first time I made this recipe we had just bought a blow-torch to sear meat, but the man in me wanted to set more things on fire. It sounds far more decadent than it actually is, there isn't any sugar in the actual oatmeal (other than whatever's in the peanut butter.)
- Pressure Cooker (Not required, but if you don't have one, you should.)
Makes 4 servings.
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
Big is beautiful with Django.
Beautiful URL Patterns
Make your Django url configs just a little prettier with kwargs.
Don't Try This Vol. I
Python, .format & You
I'm probably slow to the party, but I just found out a couple months ago that
.format command accepts keyword arguments, which makes for
fantastically readable string formatting.
Due to the demise of posterous, it's been quite a while since I've had my site up and running. I finally had some free time this weekend, so what better way to spend it than to completely re-write and design my site?
I had written a blog application for django about two years ago called django-hermes, but as is always the case with code I wrote more than 6 months ago, I decided that it was horribly written and that I should just start over, what you're seeing now is the result.